Sunday, November 13, 2011

High School.

  High School. We'll all end up here at some point. High school is the purgatory between childhood and our adult lives. For those of you who made it out alive. I applaud you.  For those of you who have yet to reach it, prepare yourselves. And for those of us who are still in it, well God help us.  

  Now I'm not necessarily complaining, I know that I could have it much worse. Over 1,000 teenagers commit suicide every year as a result of some sort of bullying.  I also have to believe that there are people whose high school experience is better than mine.  I can't really think of any examples right now, but for my sanity I'm sure that there are. 

  I'm not really sure whose brilliant idea it was in the first place to put a bunch of hormone enraged, children who are struggling to find themselves and whose brains aren't even fully developed yet in a building together; and expected their interactions to be any thing but ridiculous obviously didn't think it through all to well.

 But whoevers idea it was is kinda beside the point, since they're probably no longer alive for us to harass using different forms of social media.  And as much as all young adults like to think that our experiences growing up are super unique and were the only ones who can fully comprehend what we're going though.  Sometimes I find that hard to believe since you can still watch Saved by the Bell or Breakfast Club, and relate.  

  So from here on out, this will be a true and completely one sided account of my journey through my last two years of high school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment